## Authors and Licence
The source is distributed with the
General Public Licence (GPL).
The author of these tools is:
The current release-number is : 0.11
Dependencies to other software:
- Perl 5.8.x
- Wget 1.1
- Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD,...
The motivation to read my favorite rss-feeds and web-pages on the way to the office was
the motivation to write this small collection of tools.
Most of the rss-readers like "akregator" (which ist part of the kde-environment) are only
capable to store only the rss-file itselve for offline reading.
rssfetch is a small perl-script which fetches all:
Rssfetch fetches the described files with a configurable number of wget which are
running in parallel. This maximizes the throughput and minimizes the time to fetch
all feeds and articles.
- images which are referenced by feeds
- articles/websites which are referenced by feeds
- files which are requisites of articles/websites
rsscache is a small webserver which delivers the files fetched by
rssfetch to a rss-reader or a browser-program. The implementation independent
to the different types of rss-feeds.
What does rsscache in background:
## Known bugs/Limitations
- deliver feeds,websites/articles and their requisites
- convert links in rss-feeds to the files available in rsscache
- convert filesnames to wget-notation
- deliver a special website which eases adding of feeds to your rss-reader(i.e. http://127.0.0.1:2000/feeds)
- wget does not deliver proper status-codes for fetching pages with their requisites (therefore rssfetch is not able to detect if a page ist fetched completely
- not any requisite-content is fetched by wget